The class aims to develop students’ ability to work as managers within complex, dynamic and systematically interwoven organisational environments by providing them with structured opportunities to explore and understand the major management and economic theories, alongside the language of strategy and strategic management.
- Introduction to the course
- Introduction to strategy
- Introduction of various strategy theories derived from economics like marketing inspired strategic thinking, industrial organization, resource-based view, and agency theory, and social science based theories like stakeholder theory and institutional theory
- Strategic issue identification
- Strategic option generation, evaluation and choice
- Strategy recommendation and report to the CEO