The class aims to develop students’ ability to make strategies for their own department, operating unit, Strategic Business Unit, in contrast to servicing a Chief Executive. It seeks to introduce in theory and practice the principles of negotiating strategy in a small management team.
- Introduction to the course
- Forming a strategy making team
- Strategic issue management
- Group processes and psychological and social negotiation
- Emergent strategizing and emergent goals
- Competence based management – patterns of competences
- The construction of a business model
- Agreeing strategic intent
- Writing a statement of strategic intent – expressing competitive advantage, organizational purpose, and focused strategies.